Happy New Year 🙂 2017 is here and I couldn’t be happier!
I know what you’re thinking, at the beginning of every new year people have resolutions and are all about change, new year, new me etc etc…cliche’? Maybe! But I intend to make 2017 my best year yet! I promise myself to try my hardest to achieve every goal I set out to.
It’s been almost 3 years since I started my weight-loss journey, can you believe it? To say that the last 3 years have been amazing would be an understatement, it has been my best years truly. There are SO many things that made the last 3 years so great, but let me share what made 2016 so great for me:
- I lost 23kgs over a period of 18 or so months, I went from a whopping 79kgs to 56kgs AND I have managed to keep it off over the last 3 years.
- My husband has supported me throughout this journey and has never once criticized or doubted me. I am so grateful to God for blessing me with this man 🙂 I could not have achieved half of what I have if it wasn’t for him by my side.
- I have 2 sons who have grown into young men and whom I adore dearly. My eldest is finally out of school and learning how to be responsible in the big world 🙂 and my little one enters high school this year.
- I have grown closer to my family – these people are my heartbeat and make life worth living.
- I started this blog to inspire and motivate other women who battle to lose weight because life happens and we become moms, wives, working women and then finding time for ourselves becomes impossible or seems selfish.
- I started a new job which I love and look forward to each day and this I believe is a blessing from the Lord alone.
- Spiritually, my family and I have grown tremendously. I thank the Lord for placing us within a fellowship that is on fire for Jesus 🙂
So these are my top 7 things that I am grateful to 2016 for. 2017 I believe is going to be GREATER!
I think it’s important to set goals for ourselves, so let’s all decide on 3 things…just 3, that we want to achieve in 2017 and let’s work hard to achieve it. Here goes, these are the 3 things that I want to achieve in 2017:
- I want to grow more spiritually.
- I want to tone my body and develop some defined muscles 🙂
- I want my family and I to take more holidays and travel more…Yay!
So pen your goals down and let’s tackle 2017 with determination.
Here’s to a goal-smashing 2017 🙂
Until next time…mwah